Images are representations only.
PD6830X ProtEX-MFI Explosion-Proof Modbus ScannerBrand: Precision Digital Corporation
The ProtEX PD6830X is an explosion-proof, RS485 serial input Modbus® RTU scanner capable of scanning up to 16 Modbus variables and displaying them on an easy-to-read, dual-line, LCD display.
This Modbus scanner can be programmed as a Modbus RTU master, slave, or snooper.
The PD6830X is available in two upper display line configurations: 5-digit decimal display and feet & inches display with bar graph. The lower line is the same for both versions and consists of seven alphanumeric characters.
Like all ProtEX products, the PD6830 carries FM, CSA, ATEX, and IECEx approvals for use in hazardous areas. Two features that really make the PD6830X stand out are its wide viewing angle display and SafeTouch® through-glass buttons.
These buttons allow the PD6830X to be programmed and operated through the glass, thus eliminating the need to remove the cover in a hazardous area.Features
- Modbus master, slave, or snooper mode
- Scan up to 16 modbus process variables
- 5-Digit decimal display (ProtEX-MS2) or feet & inches display (ProtEX-MFI)
- 7 alphanumeric character 0.4" (10.2 mm) lower display for process variables, custom units, and tags
- Independent scaling, tag, and unit for each PV
- On-board three-wire RS-485 with modbus
- SafeTouch through-glass button programming
- Two isolated pulse outputs standard, Up to 5 kHz
- Isolated 4-20 mA output option
- Pulse input for rate, total, and grand total
- 13-digit totalizer with total overflow feature
- Automatic rate, total, and grand total unit conversions
- Password protection
- Backlight standard on all models
- Operates from -40° to 75° C (-40° to 167° F)
- Data logging functions and modbus accessible data
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX II 2 GD Ex D IIC T6 Gb Ex Tb IIIC T85° C Db IP68 Tamb -40° to 75° C ATEX Certificate: Sira 10-ATEX-1116X
- CSA Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, Ex D IIC T6 Enclosure Typical 4X, IP66/68: Ta = -40° to 75° C, Certificate Number: 2325749
- FM Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, G Class III, Division 1, T6 Class I, Zone 1, AEx D IIC T6 Gb Zone 21, AEx Tb IIIC T85° C Ta = -40° to 75° C Enclosure: Typical 4X & IP66 Certificate Number: 3040391
- IEC Ex D IIC T6 Gb Ex Tb IIIC T85° C Db IP68 Ta = -40° to 85° C IECEx Certificate: IECEx SIR 10.0056X
- NEMA 4X
- NEMA 7
- NEMA 9
- Top:Top Display: Five Digits (0 to 99999), 0.7" (17.8 mm) high, 7-segment, automatic lead zero blanking.
- Bottom Display: Seven Characters, 0.4" (10.2 mm) high, 14-segment, automatic lead zero blanking.
- Symbols: Total, grand total, high alarm, low alarm, SafeTouch button sleep mode/disable, password lock.
Feet & Inches Display
- Top Display: 0.60" (15.2 mm) high, 0 to 399FT, 1115/16 IN, 7-segment, programmable 1/16 or 1/8 fraction display.
- Bottom Display: Seven Characters, 0.4" (10.2 mm) high, 14-segment, 7-digits.
- Tank Level Indicator : 20-segments, F (Full) and E (Empty).
- Alarm Indication: High and low alarm
- Backlight: White
- Top and Bottom Display*: Process Variables (PV); Alternating PV and Units, Tag and PV, or Tag, PV, and Units; Pulse Input Rate, Total, or Grand Total with Alternating Tag.
- Bottom Display: All Top Display Options or Off
- Units and tag independent for each PV, pulse input rate, total, and grand total.
- *Note: On feet and inches display models, top display used only for level Modbus process variables or math channels.
- White LED, 10 sec auto-off when battery powered. Backlight deactivated below temperature ≈ -20° C
- Flashing display plus HI/LO (alarm) or SET indicators.
Scan & Update Rate
- Ambient > -20° C: Modbus PV scan rate programmable from 2 to 99 seconds per PV. Tag and units programmable for 1 to 5 second alternation. Pulse input variables update 1/second. Rate update is dependent on gate settings.
- Ambient < -20° C: All Modbus scan, alternating units and tags, and pulse input variables update/10 seconds minimum.
- Lower Display: Flashes -999999
- Upper Display: Decimal display flashes -9999
- Level display flashes to 399FT 1115/16 IN
- Lower Display: Flashes 9999999
- Level display flashes to 399FT 1115/16 IN
- Upper Display: Decimal display flashes 99999
- Four SafeTouch through-glass buttons when cover is installed. Four internal push buttons when cover is removed
- Calibrated at the factory to read frequency in Hz. No recalibration required
Password Menu Options
- Three programmable password selections can be used for the following: restrict modification of settings, prevent resetting the total or grand total without the password, or permanently lock out the ability to change or reset the grand total or any grand total related settings(making a non-resettable grand total).
- Pass: Restricts modifications of programmed settings to require re-entering the password to make changes.
- Pass T: Restricts the reset of total to require re-entering the password. Disables the manual mode reset contact.
- Pass GT: Restricts the reset of grand total to require re-entering the password. May enable a non-resettable grand total and permanent lockout of grand total-related settings with a specific password.
- 9-30 VDC, 38 mA max. 2.2 W
- Up to 512 records, recorded 4/day at specific times or at defined time intervals. Record contains first eight enabled Modbus PVs; C1-4 if enabled; date; time; pulse rate, total, and grand total with units; and log number.
Isolation: all Models
- 500 V opto-isolated pulse input-to-power/OC output with isolated input enabled, 500 V input/power-to-RS-485 serial communications. AXA Models: 500 V input/power-to-analog output.
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 75° C; Storage Temperature Range: -40 to 75° C; Backlight deactivated below Temperatures ≈ -20° C; Relative humidity: 0 to 90% Non-Condensing
- All programmed settings and total reading are stored in non-volatile memory for a minimum of ten years if power is lost.
- Screw terminals accept 12 to 22 AWG wire
- Explosion-proof die-cast aluminum with glass window, corrosion resistant epoxy coating, color: blue. NEMA 4X, 7, & 9, IP68. Copper-free (0.3%). Default conduit connections: Three 3/4" NPT threaded conduit openings. One 3/4" NPT metal plug with 12 mm hex key fitting installed. Additional conduit opening configurations and plugs may be available; verify quantity and sizes on specific device labeling during installation
- May be mounted directly to conduit. Two Slotted flanges for wall mounting or NPS 11/2" to 21/2" or DN 40 to 65 mm pipe mounting.
- Display may be mounted at 90° increments up to 270° from default orientation
- 5.67" x 5.24" x 4.88" (144 mm x 133 mm x 124 mm) (W x H x D)
- 5.00 lbs (80 oz, 2.27 kg)
- 3 years parts and labor